Information You Provide To Us
You may choose to provide information to us to participate in certain activities described by our Services. For example, you may provide:
- When purchasing a product, you may provide your name, address, and information about the product(s) you are purchasing
- When signing up for our email newsletter, you may provide your name and email address
- When filling out our online contact form, you may provide your name, email address, and your question or comment
- When commenting on our website, you may provide your username and password
- When completing an online survey, you may provide your preference in response to particular question(s)
All such pieces of personally identifiable information (collectively, your “Personal Information”) will be used in the manner disclosed and/or understood at the time the Personal Information was provided. Example: during a product order, your provided name, address, email address, and credit card information will be used to bill and fulfill your order. You will have the opportunity to participate or not and to opt-in or opt-out of each Service.
Clinical Labs makes some of its Services publicly accessible and visible. Please remember that any information that you disclose in these areas becomes public information and you should accordingly use caution when deciding whether to disclose your Personal Information. Example: comments made on a Clinical Labs Instagram post are publicly visible by third parties.
Information You Provide to Third Parties
In the process of interacting with Clinical Labs, you may provide information to well-established third parties who provide particular services on our behalf. Accordingly, their terms and privacy policies are also relevant to your interaction with us. For example, such services include:
- E-commerce platform – WooCommerce: https://woocommerce.com/privacy-policy/
- Payment processor – Stripe: https://stripe.com/us/privacy
- Social media – Instagram: https://help.instagram.com/155833707900388
- Social media – Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/policy.php
By using these particular services, you are representing that you consent to the transfer of the information you provide to those particular services and their respective terms and privacy policies.
Information Electronically Collected
As is commonly done, Clinical Labs’ website collects aggregate data about the pages visited, the date and time of a site visit, the search terms used to access particular website pages, the IP address and/or geographic location of the site visitor, etc. through such platforms as Google Analytics. This data generally does not include personally identifiable information. This information is used to improve the content of our website and the quality of our Services.
How We Use Your Information
We use the information collected for the following general purposes:
- Fulfill requests (example: processing and shipping your product order)
- Provision of services (example: signing you up for and providing an email newsletter)
- Product and service improvement (example: consideration of comments made in a product review)
- Content improvement (example: determining which website landing page is preferred by users)
- Identification and authentication (example: logging you in to the shopping cart)
- Personalization (example: presenting you with information that suits your interests)
- Notices and contact (example: responding to inquiries directed towards Clinical Labs)
You may view, update, delete, or in any way modify the information you have provided to us, including your preferences concerning further communications by us, by accessing the particular service platform used to collect the information. Example: if you created a password-protected account for order processing on our website’s e-commerce platform, you may login to that section of our website to view and change your account details. Example: if you signed up for our email newsletter, you may follow the unsubscribe instructions provided at the bottom of any individual marketing email.
Clinical Labs does share Personal Information with trusted third party services such as those listed above for the provision of particular features (example: if you sign up for our email newsletter, your email address will be shared with the MailChimp service). Aside from that, Clinical Labs does not sell, share, disclose, or in any way transfer your Personal Information for commercial purposes (e.g., we do not sell your name and contact information to internet advertisers who will send you email spam). We use such information exclusively for our own purposes as outlined in this Policy and in the manner described and reasonably understood at the time such information was provided. We reserve the right to transfer your information in response to lawful legal demand (example: a court order) or otherwise as required by law.
We take physical, electronic, and managerial precautions consistent with standard practices to ensure the security of your Personal Information. For example, credit card information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and is not stored or processed on our servers. However, we cannot guarantee that hackers or unauthorized personnel will not gain access to your Personal Information despite our best efforts. Furthermore, your Personal Information may be sent to or through third party services which – though they themselves are highly regarded and maintain similar safeguards – are not under our control and to which we similarly make no guarantees.
International Privacy Concerns
Clinical Labs is based in the United States and the information we collect is governed by U.S. law. However, users are welcomed and encouraged to access Clinical Labs’ services from other countries and locations which have laws or regulations governing personal data collection, use, and disclosure that differ from those in the U.S. By using our Services outside of the U.S., you are representing that you consent to the transfer of your Personal Information to the U.S. and for such transfer and use to be governed by U.S. law.
Children’s Privacy Concerns
Clinical Labs is not intended for or directed towards children under 13, and we do not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 13. Children aged 13 or older should not submit any personal information without the permission of their parents or guardians. By using our Services, you are representing that you are at least age 18 or that you are at least age 13 and have your parents’ or guardians’ permission.
Changes to This Policy
(last revised December 31, 2018)